Within the alimentary sector, hand hygiene is especially important for professionals who are in direct contact with foodstuff, such as chefs, waiting staff or indudstrial food manufacturers. A study carried out by the CDC -Center for Disease Control and Prevention- in 2013 found out that professionals working in U.S. located restaurants wash their hands an average of 27% times of what they should.
A proper hand hygiene could prevent the transmission of bacteria, thus avoid infections of customers caused by what they consume, either at a restaurant of bought from the market/supermarket.
Govisystem™ currently works with the following types of alimentary companies and organizations:
- Food processing factories
- Food distribution companies
There are some moments of critical risk infection in which it is vital to pay special attention to hand hygiene, in order to avoid infections:
- Immediately before food handling
- After touching body parts’
- After using washrooms
- After coughing, sneezing (into sleeve/crook of elbow and not into hands) or using a tissue
- After changing tasks, especially if switching between working with raw meat and working with ready to eat or cooked foods
- After handling money, garbage or tools/equipment
- After touching dirty surfaces
- After picking up something from the floor
- After engaging in any activity that contaminates hands.